Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yarn Inspiration



OK, so upon talking to my friend about the Ski Themed Baby Blanket, she has given me free reign to create what I want!! Yippee and Blah!! LOL!!

Yippee because I get to play...make what I want...get creative without boundaries.

Blah because I now have no direction and have a few ideas floating around in my head!

So, I guess my next step is yarn. I know my friend really likes the new bamboo yarns....but unfortunately it is hard to find locally. It looks like these will be my choices (as long as my local shop has a decent selection of them!)


First we have the Naturally Caron Spa yarn. I really like this yarn and have used it before. I'm just not sure that the Berry Frappe is the color I want.

My local high-end yarn store has this little baby called Eden in Royal. Very pretty....and on sale for $3!! But how many of these little balls of yarn will I need to make the blanket??? And do they have enough of the same dye lot in stock?? I'm guessing NO since it is on sale...
Now, the last time I was at Hobby Lobby, I saw this yummy yarn by Patons called Silk Bamboo!! It has some pretty shades of blue....but is not machine washable. I don't think that will work for a baby blanket! BUT.................
According to their website, they have a baby version that is machine washable! SCORE!! But does my Hobby Lobby or Michaels carry it???

Looks like I may need to do some shopping!!!!! Does anyone have any experience with these yarns?? If so, I'd love to hear your opinions. Or do any of my readers have any other suggestions for yarns that I may be missing?

No comments: