Friday, September 19, 2008

Hot off my Hook!

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. I was too busy finishing up my latest crochet project!

I was busy making a sweater for Heather's best friend, and neighbor, Kathryn. She will be 6 years old next week! Boy, do they grow fast!! I figured with the weather starting to get cooler in the mornings, she could use a good sweater! In my stash of patterns I found this great hoodie sweater pattern by Anji.Beane, formerly Pink Willow Designs.



Of course I had to make my own changes to the pattern! I made the stripes wider....basically out of laziness since I didn't want to weave in all those yarn ends!!! And I left it simple without adding all the fun squirrel/fall details. I used "I Love This Yarn" which is a 100% acrylic that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I like it's softness better than Red Heart, and it was pretty cheap too!



I was hoping to have Heather model it for you, but she is out with Kathryn and her mom shopping for party supplies!! So you'll have to just imagine how cute it will look on her!

Oh, and BTW, I am now working on my free crochet pattern for September....I hope to have it listed on Monday! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jus Shar Designs said...

I've been eye-balling that hoodie pattern for awhile now. Perhaps I'll just breakdown and buy it. :-)

I love that "I Love This Yarn". It is so soft.

That is such a fun, bright sweater you made there.

Shannon said...

Cute!

I stand corrected about McCain not coming here...saw a piece in the paper about the possibility!