Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Frustrated


Warning...this is going to be a venting post.

I've been very frustrated lately. It's nothing I can't handle, but still...it's driving me nuts!

First, I've been trying Jiu-Jitsu at the gym. Dang...it's HARD! Lots of little movements to remember and get in the correct order. Many new things to get used to. I'm having such a hard time with it that I am almost in tears by the end of class! The worst part is that I don't know WHY I am having such a hard time. I have a good memory, I am decent with my flexibility, and I am in the best shape of my life. So why am I having such a hard time?? And it doesn't help that I am probably the oldest female in the classes and am starting to feel like a "silly old woman" for even trying it. And I'm not that old!! Grrrr!! (me in the black)

Next is the stupid dogs next door and the new fence that needs built. We have some aggressive dogs (although they will swear up and down that the dogs are sweet!) next door that bark and growl at us when we are in our backyard. They've managed to jump against the fence and tear some boards loose. Loose enough to get their heads through the fence and bite my dog on the nose! So, since Christmas we have been trying to get a new fence installed between the houses. We have gotten some estimates and the owner of the house did not respond to our request for them to pay half the cost. (After all, the ONLY reason we need a new fence is because of the dogs in their yard!) Well, we had a surveyor come out to mark our property line so that we can make sure that the new fence is on the line. Turns out the fence is no where near the property line and actually crosses it like an "X"! So, in December we had to file a complaint with the city because they also have a shed that is too close to the property line....almost on our property according to the survey. We would love to see the ugly thing torn down, BTW. So now we are waiting for the city to tell us what is going to happen. And until then, no new fence. I'm starting to get really tired of having to supervise my dog every time he needs to go potty in the backyard! Grrrr!

OK, enough!! I have a few more complaints, but you don't need to hear them. For those of you who actually read this, thanks. I just needed to get it off my chest. Now, back to crocheting and seeing if I can relax and take my mind of things....but first....another Jiu-Jitsu class. I'm not going to let it get the best of me. Wish me luck!

No comments: