Monday, September 20, 2010

CMT Awareness Week



For those of you who know me well, you know that my amazing husband Ron...along with many members of his family... has a form of Muscular Dystrophy called CMT. (Charcot-Marie-Tooth) Now, even though the name has the word TOOTH in it, it has nothing to do with your teeth! LOL!! It is actually a disease that affect his muscles and nerves. We are happy to say that our daughter is NOT showing any signs of CMT!!

From the CMTA website:

There is currently no cure for Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT), a progressive neuromuscular disorder that affects an estimated 2.6 million people, causing them to live with limited ability and mobility, as well as deformities and frequent pain.

But now, more than at any previous time in the history of CMT research, hoped-for treatments and cures have an excellent chance of becoming a reality.

One of the reasons I design crochet patterns is because of his disease. I hope to some day be able to help support our family with my designing income. For this week...Sept 19-25, 2010...I will be donating $1 from every crochet pattern sold to help find a cure! So please, if you ever wanted to try one of my crochet patterns...now is a GREAT time to do it! Check out the link along the top of the page to find out where you can purchase my patterns.

Also, be sure to follow CMT on Facebook and Twitter. I am!!

No comments: