Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Charity Weekend

I set myself a goal this past weekend. To make as many items for some charities as possible. I used scraps of yarns for newborn caps and purchased some new skeins for scarves. I think I did pretty good!!

I made five newborn hats for Lil'Troopers! We Crochet, Knit and Sew for the newborn of the Military Families at ~

Winn Army Community Hospital.
*FORT STEWART, GA
(They average 100-110 births a month.)

Ireland Army Community Hospital.
*FORT KNOX, KY
(They average 40 births a month)

William Beaumont Army Medical Center.
*FORT BLISS, TX.
(They average 100-110 births a month.)

Now that's a lot of babies! My goal this year has been to send at least 4 items a month!! So far I have kept to that goal! Anyone can join this wonderful group...just click here!



My new charity that I found this week is Operation Gratitude! They send items to our amazing troops overseas! I whipped up three scarves, attached a little note with my business card, and added a new lip balm. I feel so thankful for these wonderful men and women! I only wish I could do more! You can find out more...just click here! BTW, these are the scarves I made for Dee's 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge!




All items are going out in today's mail! Now, anyone else up for the weekend charity challenge?? Let me know! And when you post, I'll feature you on my blog!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those baby caps are just adorable and your scarves have a very nice design. It is nice to see others giving there own time to benefit others. GOOD FOR YOU.