Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ski Blanket Update

OK, it looks like style A won so I went shopping today for yarn! Even though my friend really wanted a bamboo yarn, I couldn't find any that I wanted to use. Most of them were hand wash only....and for a baby blanket...NO WAY! Then, the ones that I found which were machine washable, I just wasn't thrilled with the color choices.

So....I chose a super soft cotton that I think will work GREAT!! It's Bernat Cotton Tots in Blue Berry and White.

Then I played with some swatching and think I have a ripple design I like. Here is the sample swatch pic. It needs a little tweeking and I think I will add one more solid row between the lattice row. Also, I'm thinking that the blues will be all solid (so I can attach the snowflakes) and the whites will have the lattice rows. So each color section will have 7 rows...wich should give me a width of around 30".



Now it's time to work on some math to get the length I need. Ok, time to get to work! Wish me luck!

No comments: