Monday, April 11, 2011

Feeling It


OK, time for me to get personal with all of you. Hope you don't mind a brief glimpse into my life. Now, I am not "complaining", I just want to share my feeling with you.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 37, I'm realizing I'm not young anymore, and it is frustrating me! I've been having this problem since January. Let me explain.

I'm in the best physical shape of my life. I work out a few times a week, watch what I eat (most of the time, LOL!), and I am no longer a "heart attack waiting to happen." I feel great and look good. Most people can't believe how old I am when I tell them. So, what is bothering me? Well, since I am at the gym a lot, almost everyone there is younger than me. Guess that is what I get for enjoying activities that are usually done by a younger crowd (Kickboxing and Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu). But seriously, I like to tease a few of the girls I work out with that "My tattoos are older than you!"....and I'm not lying!

So, now that I feel so good...I look in the mirror and feel totally let down. Fine lines, wrinkles, thinning hair, unwanted hair.....you name it. (But no gray yet!) I keep telling my hubby that I want "the girls" lifted for my 40th birthday! LOL!

And the total kicker that pushed me over the edge this week??? I got an invite to a Facebook group to start planning my 20th Class Reunion next summer!!! UGH!! So what's a girl to do?? I'm going to spend my birthday money on a makeover!! Stay tuned for some pictures next week! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

Happy birthday, I hope your day is as sweet as you are. Hang in there. I turned 50 last November! giggle xo