Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I'm Working on Wednesday

Wow, I feel like I haven't gotten anything done this week crochet wise! I'm still working on the same three items for publication and waiting on the edited patterns from my editor. And now I just got the most amazing book in the mail and want to put all my projects down and make myself a fabulous new fall wardrobe!!! But alas, I can't! I have deadlines to meet. THEN I can make myself some new stuff!

What is this amazing book you ask?? Of course it is "Crochet It. Love i
t. Wear it!" by the amazing and talented Drew Emborsky, aka The Crochet Dude! I plan on making "Debra" because I have been looking for a great basic cardigan to wear on chilly mornings. I also want to make "Laurie" because, like the pattern says, "...a criss-cross top like this one is flattering on nearly every woman..." I also want to make "Investing" because I think it will look awesome with my new skinny jeans!!!

Since I've lost so much weight over the past year, I really need a new wardrobe this fall. And this book will help add some fab crochet pieces to it!! I just nee
d to shop around for the perfect yarn since I can't quite afford the amazing ones used in the patterns.

OK, time to clean the house and then off to kickboxing. This afternoon will be spent working on my crochet projects so that I can get closer to making things for myself!! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Shannon L. Fowler said...

Have you looked at KnitPicks?

http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/knitting_yarns.html

They sell quality yarns for reasonable prices. I haven't tried any yet, but I do have a set of their interchangeable knitting needles & LOVE them!!! :)

They also have some cool crochet hooks!

http://www.knitpicks.com/Needles/Crochet_Hooks__L300314.html