Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vacation Cut Short






It's with a sad heart that I post today. The wonderful visit I was having with my family from San Diego was cut short.

Late last night, my Uncle "Bub" Charles, passed away from a massive heart attack. He was 60 years old and leaves behind a wonderful wife, two children, a few grand children and brand new great-grandchild. He was a nice man and I have many fond memories of him throughout my life. I will forever be thankful for him and all that he has done for my mom ever since my own Dad died 12 years ago.

My aunt Cora(his sister)and her family decided that since they were already 1/3rd of the way there, they would hop in the van and drive the rest of the way for the funeral. My uncle Glen will even be performing the service for Bub. I would've love to go with them...but it just didn't work out for me.

While Cora and Glen were loading the van for the trip, I took the kids to the park and let them play. I also snapped some cute pictures. Even though the kids are technically my cousins....I am their "Aunt JJ" and we all had a wonderful time. I miss them already!

2 comments:

Mommy Galloway said...

So sorry, my prayers are with you and your family.

c said...

We miss you too! It was so hard to leave you behind. Send me copies of the kids' pics at the park!