Thursday, May 14, 2009

25 Reasons I LOVE Crochet

Over at the Crochet Liberation Front Blog, our fearless leader has started a list of reasons why she loves crochet and asked us to join in. So here is my list:

1. All the amazing friends I've made.

2. Seeing my name in a magazine and book.

3. Seeing things that others have made from my designs.
4. Seeing people in things that I have made.
5. The fact that crochet is something that my maternal grandmother used to do.

6. All the different things that can be made from crochet.

7. It is an artform that I can share with others.

8. That I make enough money from my crocheting to support my yarn habit.

9. Seeing my daughter in something that I made.
10. I'm looking forward to teaching my daughter to crochet.

11. That there are so many different techniques to crocheting that I am constantly learning new things.

12. That I can crochet and watch tv at the same time. Not to mention ride in a car, sit at a park, and crochet just about anywhere.

13. All the different types of yarn I get to play with.

14. All the pretty crochet hooks I get to look at...and someday hope to own!

15. That it is faster than knitting.

16. Listening to people "Oh" and "Ah" over things I've made.

17. Blessing others with gifts that I have made.

18. That it is relaxing.

19. That my husband offers his opinion on my designs.

20. Getting a new crochet pattern magazine in the mail.

21. Spotting something crocheted when least expected....at the mall, in antique stores, on tv.

22. The challenge of creating something from an idea in my mind.

23. Actually making something for myself.
24. How proud my family is of me.

25. It makes me happy!

1 comment:

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Enjoyed your list. I've been teaching myself to crochet by wathcing youtube videos. I find it is a huge stress buster.
Blessings,
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com