Monday, December 22, 2008

My Favorite Holiday Recipe


OK, I had to type this up anyways, so I thought I'd share it with all of you! This is my FAVORITE holiday recipe!! Just the smell of it gives me so many wonderful memories!! Yes, it is an alcoholic drink, LOL!! Did I ever tell you that my dad always said that our last name, Chalupiak, means "Happy Drunk" in Ukrainian??? LOL!!! But don't worry; this was my mom's drink....so it is not very strong. And I'll warn you, it makes A LOT!!! Be prepared to have a party or give some away! LOL!!

Bourbon Slush


~2 Cups HOT tea made with 5 tea bags
~1 - 12oz can of frozen orange juice
~1 - 12oz can of frozen lemonade
~7 Cups water
~1/4 Cup sugar
~2 1/4 Cups Bourbon Whiskey (I just use the whole bottle! LOL!!)
~Numerous Tupperware type freezable containers with lids
~Ginger Ale, 7up, sprite, or any citrus type soda (I prefer Ginger Ale)

Mix first 6 ingredients until all frozen. Pour into containers and freeze. When ready to drink, scrape some of the frozen drink with a spoon or ice cream scoop and put into a cup filling at least half way, or more/less to taste. Pour soda over it to fill cup and drink with a straw!

Enjoy!

No comments: