Monday, November 26, 2007

Twirls for Girls!



Ok....I think this is just AMAZING! I am always up for a good charity event and this one is so close to my heart it's scary!! http://www.twirlsforgirls.com/


My friends at YouCanMakeThis.com have teamed up with Toys for Tots to supply adorable handmade clothing for all those special dolls that will be donated this holiday season!


For those of you who don't know, my maternal grandmother is where I get all my creative talent from. She was an amazing seamstress and doll maker. She made tons of quilts and her passion was dolls. She had a handmade doll from each state in the US and a few different countries!! And to think, she traded with all these people....so there are handmade dolls of hers scattered throught the world! (And all this before the internet! LOL!!!) Growing up, all my dolls had handmade clothing....crocheted or sewn! I still have some of it too!! Some of the first things I ever made were doll clothes! So of course this charity captured my imagination!


So this weekend I made my set to donate. I only wish I had the time to make a few more, but with me going on vacation in a few days my time is running short. So please, if you can spare the time and a little bit of fabric (or yarn!), I ask that you join us in this wonderful cause! And you might win some AWESOME prizes too!


Here is my contribution!

No comments: