Monday, October 29, 2007

Stitch of the Week!


Are you a crocheter??? Do you belong to the CGOA??? Well, you should!! The Crochet Guild of America is the most amazing organization!! I don't know where I would be right now without them!!


Well, over on our Yahoo board we have been doing something called The Stitch of the Week. Any member is allowed to teach their favorite stitch to the rest of the group. I've learned some wonderful new stitches and have even been inspired by a few of them to create a new pattern!! (see my Breast Cancer Awareness Skinny Scarf!) Well, this is my week to teach!!! I decided to do the Herringbone Half-Double crochet!
This group has been wonderful to me!! I joined their Associate Professional program earlier this year and was assigned a wonderful mentor....Miss Dee of CrochetWithDee! She has been an amazing inspiration to me and an amazing help! I've also corresponded with some other fabulous designers....The phenomenal Drew "The Crochet Dude", the adorable Kim Guzman, and the creative Vashti just to name a few! What a wonderful ride it's been!!! Personally I am just amazed at the number of design submissions that I have already had accepted!! And I don't think any of them could've happened without the help of these designers and the CGOA!
So, if you like to crochet, I strongly recommend that you join the CGOA!! (Especially if you are in Grand Junction!!! I want to start a local chapter!!!!)
Happy Crocheting!

1 comment:

Jus Shar Designs said...

How cool, Jen! I like reading Drew's blog. He comes off as a really neat guy...someone you want to hang out with.

I wonder if they have groups like that for knitters?

I'm glad you are gleaming so much from your group.

Beth